Sunday, April 7, 2013

Reflection...


Alhamdulillah, all praise be to Allah as He is the one who guides me through His path. He is the one who gives me strength whenever I am weak. Certainly in this world and hereafter, He is the one who will not leave me alone. Allahu rabbi.


Do you know Sheikh Hamza Yusof? He is among the prominent Muslim scholar in the United States. He is American and embraced Islam in 1977. He was originally from Washington DC and after he embraced Islam, he traveled to Muslim countries o study about Islam. Now he is living in California with his family and founded Zaytuna College in Berkeley, California. What I admire the most about him is his fluency in speaking Arabic. I would like to reflect myself. I am Muslim since I was born. I can read Quran since I was seven years old but still until now I cannot speak Arabic. It is a shameful for me. This is the quality of most the Americans have. If they want something, they would put painstakingly efforts until they achieve what they desire. Sometimes I always listen to his talk. Personally, his thought about Islam is very contemporary and amazing. Please watch the video above and let us reflect on ourselves, what have we done for the sake of Islam? May Allah guide us to the truth. 

San Francisco, California. I am missing the tranquility of this place



No comments: